Sunday, June 12, 2005

T_J_E_

Saw TJE at the train station today. I was still thinking if I should walk over to say hello, when he already walked towards me. Years ago, I will never imagine him doing that, being a shy guy that is.

It's been years since we last met. He was my junior in the school ECA. Upon seeing him, then did I realise that I do miss him somehow. Miss those days in school. Miss walking home together. Miss having lunch together. Miss the jokes. Miss the companion. Miss the fun.

He had always been my favourite junior. Maybe because I like shy guys. I like to tease shy guys. I like to bully shy guys. I want to bring their real character out. I want them to stop being shy with me.

There is something about him, that my bestfriend and I knew at that time we could depend on him. We felt good about him. We liked him. We had plans for him, to be in control, but things didn't turn out the way we wanted. We were sad, but we knew he would not disappoint us in whatever appointment given.

Remember once I brought him out to get some stuff one night during one of the camps. He was my assistant then. I was so glad I took him out, for when we got back to the camp, all the juniors were being punished. At least I saved someone from those senseless punishment.

Remember there was a period when I didn't want to turn up for my ECA. There were lots of conflicts around. He "surprised" me by bringing a group of juniors to my house, to encourage and cheer me up. Yeah, thanks for "sabo-ing" too.

Remember the rain after our ECA. We walked the same route home. He offered his umbrella to us, and he walked in the rain. The rain wasn't big, but the thought really touches me. It still do.

Remember the times I taught him in the ECA. He wrote in my autograph book "Thanks for teaching and helping me in doing better." I wasn't the best person to coach him then. I didn't even know if what I said make sense. But I'm really happy, that he appreciated it. And he didn't sound fake, like the others.

There are lots more memories, which I am slowly forgetting as year goes by. It's time we create new memories. It's time we create more memories.

But too bad, I didn't managed to get his contacts. We only managed to have a brief conversation that lasted less than a minute. His train pulled in at the station and he got to go.

Will I ever see you again? How long will that takes?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home