Monday, May 30, 2005

Why Are You So Bias?

I yelled at my Mum yesterday. I know as a daughter, I'm not supposed to do that, but I just couldn't control my feelings. We had arranged to have dinner at Woodlands a few days before, which I would be treating. But yesterday afternoon, That-Big-One called to say he couldn't make it for the dinner, as he would be having dinner with his GF's family. I don't know if there was no communication done earlier or there was a mis-communication between That-Big-One and Mum. Later Grandma also called to inform us to take the rice dumplings from her.

I just don't know what Mum was thinking? She started to get so troubled by those 2 calls. Well we could either take the rice dumplings from Grandma's house (at AMK) first then proceed to Woodlands for dinner or vice versa. But she was not happy. She said it was out of the way if we proceed to AMK then to Woodlands, which later we still have to drive That-Small-One to his camp near Choa Chu Kang. If we proceed to have dinner first then to Grandma's house, she won't have the time to shop around.

WTF. I just felt that she was unhappy her favourite That-Big-One couldn't make it for the dinner, especially since I was the one treating. (with lesser people means I need to pay less) When her favourite That-Big-One treated us a few weeks ago, everyone of us turned up. Mum must be feeling unbalanced. Eventually, I shouted back at her after all my suggestions were overthrown. "I don't know what you are thinking! You are so unhappy because your favourite That-Big-One is not joining us!"

I guess that hit right on the nail. We didn't talk till we reached the place for dinner, which thankfully, everything went on well. Yes, and I found out that she cooked her favourite (which is also my favourite) soft shell crab when I wasn't home for dinner. Fine. It's not the first time anyway.

But I just hate it, when she shows favourism on That-Big-One and That-Small-One just because they are guys. Come on, girls are human too. What she went through during her time shouldn't be brought upon me. It's so not fair to me. I have my feelings too. She shows more concern for me only when the guys are not around. Am I only fit to be a substitute?

I don't want to yell at her, but sometimes she is just so unreasonable. Every time after I shouted at her, I simply feel so guilty. Yes I do! I feel so bad for making her angry again. I just don't know what to do...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home