Thursday, May 19, 2005

A Letter To My Mum

Dear Mum,

I don’t know what went wrong. Sometimes I just feel that I don’t belong to this house. I don’t belong to you. As though I’m born by someone else, not by you.

I have very few memory of my life before the age of 5. In fact, I don’t think I remember anything before that.

But from the day that I have memory, I just don’t feel the warmth that I thought I should have. You are always showing your concern to them, paying no attention to me. Whatever they request for, they will get it. Whereas for me, I can only hope and dream, or wait till the day I save enough money for it.

You are always sharing the good stuff with them, telling them everything. When they come home for dinner, you will cook a scrumptious meal. But when they don’t come back for dinner, I get to the previous meal leftover. You always make sure they will be here for the good food. You always make sure they get to eat it, but not me.

You help them to clean the room, change the bed sheets, iron the clothes etc. Yet you expect me to do it all by myself. I paint my own room, buy my own furniture, PC, clothes etc. I got to pay by myself, using my savings. They got free tables, free PCs, free bed sheets, everything.

I merely delay giving you the monthly allowance by a few days and you started to nag non-stop. I just want to borrow some money and you nagged non-stop as well. It’s not as if I’m not going to pay. But then they can borrow money from you, and not pay back.

Despite the unfair treatment, I still treat you as my mum. I try to be nice to you, make you happy. But sometimes, when you ignore me totally, concentrating your talk with them, I just felt like walking off. I just felt that whatever I’ve done are wasted, not acknowledged.

Maybe, I should really get marry soon and move as far away from you as possible. Maybe you will be happier not seeing me everyday.

From a deeply hurt Daughter

2 Comments:

Blogger Desolation said...

who are them?

Sunday, May 22, 2005 11:40:00 AM  
Blogger thquah said...

Treat your mum to the best of your ablilities, she will realise it sooner or later and appreciate you. All mums always nags that's normal.

Thursday, June 02, 2005 7:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home