Friday, June 17, 2005

Heartless Department

Remember the Every-Time-Also-Urgent-Bitch whom I mentioned in my earlier post? She submitted her resignation last week. Although I was frustrated with her over work, the news came as a surprise more than joy to me. Even her closest friend in the company didn't know about her resignation.

Her boss didn't even try to keep her back. As if that wasn't bad enough, they sent her off earlier than everyone's expectation, including her.

She was back in the office today, after 2 days of MC. Another boss, together with the HR personnel, brought her out to the guard house early in the morning and sent her off. They didn't let her serve the one month notice. They didn't let her bid us goodbyes. They didn't let her finish off whatever stuff she's holding on, or have a proper hand over. They were dying to get her out of here. Out of my company, out of my department.

Is this still consider as a resignation, or termination? Why are they so heartless?

She has been working here for years. What about the contribution all these years? Yes, she had not been performing up to standard, but there is no need for this. I heard rumours, gossips, lots of ugly stuffs. Perhaps that contributed to this decision from her boss.

No wonder her boss was on leave today. Afraid to face all of us.

This event sparkled off lots of rumours and gossips. We knew that the whole company would know about this eventually. Our company is big, but news travel real fast.

Some said the bosses might use this as an example to show their power. To pressure us more. To make us insane faster.

Our workload is increasing everyday. We are expected to do more in lesser time. They expect us to do it immediately. They do not care whether we can manage or not.

My 'neighbour' kept telling me to go. To find a better work place while I'm still young.

The more I stay in this department, the more I detest it. I'm dying to leave, yet not bold enough to take the move. I'm just a fucking coward stuck in a heartless department. I hate my boss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home