Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Beaches

Had the chance to pass by Changi Beach yesterday afternoon. It was a cloudy day, a nice weather to be at the beach. (for a person like me who dislike the glaring sun)

Ever had a special affection to something, yet couldn't explain what was it? The first time I felt this way was at the then World Trade Center. I had nothing to do so I took 855 from one interchange (Yishun) to another interchange (World Trade) alone. Yeah. That was after my 'O' levels. I was walking around the shops when I looked out of the clear window. The blue sea water, the sun shinning brightly on it, making it glitter. I felt clam, relaxed. I was mesmerized. I stood there for a long long time.

Yesterday, I felt again, the clam blue sea. I had almost forgotten this feeling. Forgotten how much I love sea, even though I can't swim. The clear blue sky, the sound of the waves, the occasional wind, the plane landing every now and then. It's therapeutic. It's smoothing. It's relaxing. It's free. A simple pleasure, which we busy city men had almost forgot.

I should drive by in the afternoon and just sit around. Maybe. A break is coming soon. Will i be alone again?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home